180 Movie-Caution!!! Graphic Images Displayed

Sunday, October 9, 2011

FACEBOOK WORLD IS GONE!!!

Well, at least for me.  I just decided yesterday to close my Facebook account and hopefully I will leave it closed.  It has been a blessing and has a hand in new relationships established and old strengthened.  I have met relatives who didn't even know who I was and it helped spread important information and a plethora of encouragement.  It was useful in getting many people involved in volunteering for big events, donating supplies for Vacation Bible School and many prayer requests passed all over the world.  For me, I need to close it for a variety of reasons, but the main was to go back to pre-facebook times.  Like sending letters in the mail or calling people on the phone.  It has been a big part of my life and it will be a big loss, but I believe this is what I should do for now.  For all you Facebookers, if you think you need to do the same, I suggest not hesitating because it will be easy to keep it if you don't do it soon. :)  God Bless

2 comments:

  1. Hey beautiful woman of God!!!

    Been a long while since I last spoke to you or even saw you. I just found your blog through the Stephens blog site and signed up for an account yesterday.

    In risk of sounding looney, lol. I have been contemplating the idea of deleting Facebook as well. I have my own list of reasons, too. I was also considering completely deleting my identity as best as possible from the online world, but I don't think that is entirely possible. I have been reading into some things online about what the government does and could do with all the accumulated personal information found online and what they plan on doing with it in the future - regarding the furthering of RFID. Enough said.

    I can't wait to check out your other blogs and see what you have been up to, including any pics you've posted.

    Hope you are doing well in your new life's stage of serving the living God and building up His kingdom for eternal riches. Would love to hear from you, whenever/whatever.

    Love you.
    Patrina Watt

    PS: I still fondly recall that time you stayed with me when I was going through a really rough time in 2010. All the wonderful words of encouragement throughout our friendship. And just you being there along the way.

    ReplyDelete